Sioule Valley (Allier dept.)
Mandate # 1169
In the center of France, the region of Sioule Valley, between Occitan and Oïl language, easily accessible, keeps preserved a remarkable historical and architectural heritage in sublime landscapes. On the edge of the historic village, the set looks great ... The neighboring towns, no less historical, form often classified charming haven for vacationers in search of quiet and "green tourism": Roman art, medieval castles, typical old houses, spa towns, gorges of the Sioule, forest: Paris 4 hours of highway!
The house, rebuilt in the eighteenth century, owes its charm not only the pure classical style buildings arranged around a courtyard, but also of the dovecot and the view that overflows the park; a full meadow perfects together. The stately classic, south-west facing, "4-sided" 32 x 6 m² dwelling, typical of the region, with its elegant façade adorned with white stone, opened by many windows sunkissing the interiors, carefully coated with rubble, small flat tiles roofing wearing elegant jacobines. The interiors, very classic, reveal 180 m² on an equal footing and a 180 m² convertible attic. The semi-underground 15th century cellars and the dovecot remain from medieval times.
It is noteworthy that, although all renovation materials are very recent, they fully respect the style of Bourbonnais dwellings, while adding modern comfort to the perfectly 18th century vibe of the house.
The outbuildings form a harmonious whole
around the courtyard:
• dovecot: the second main building,
• barn-stables: XVIII purely classical style,
• caretaker's house: small house extending the main house in the north.
Protected site of a charming village
• 10 minutes from the A71,
• 20 minutes from the center of Vichy (sub-prefecture of the Allier, train station, door of the Auvergne, spa town and leisure),
• 10 min of Saint-Pourçain (character village, shops),
• 1h from Clermont-Ferrand (Puy-de Dome Prefecture, airport).